Message regarding FINAL Grades:
Please note that grades for students enrolled in the following courses will not be considered FINAL in Focus SIS until after June 13, 2014:
- Algebra 1
These courses have a required End-of –Course (EOC) assessment which will constitute 30% of the FINAL course grade, and additional processing must occur after all teachers have completed grade posting. Your child’s final grades will be accessible in the My Child, Final Grades, GPA, & Class Rank view in Focus after June 13, 2014, or on printed/published report card.
For additional information regarding the state requirement please refer to House Bill 7031 http://flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2014/7031/BillText/er/PDF
FREE School Physicals and Immunizations for Kids
The Mobile Medical Clinic is coming to a site near you!
Click here for details
PICK UP SCHOOL MEDICATIONS
Please be sure to make arrangements to pick up your child's medication(s) at school on or before the end of the school day the last day of school, Wednesday, 6/4. Any medication still at school come the end of the day on Wednesday, 6/4 will be disposed of.
BE READY FOR 7TH GRADE
Please bring in your student(s) updated Florida 680 Immunization record from the HealthClinic or your healthcare provider to the Front Office. We need to update your student(s) records. If your student(s) records do not reflect required immunizations, including an updated Tdap immunization, your student will NOT be admitted to school on August 18, 2014. Thank you for your assistance.
The Late Application Period for District Application Programs will begin on March 31. Students will be able to apply to many programs outside their geographic application areas. Please Note: Parents will be required to provide transportation to students living outside of application areas.
If you have questions about the acceptance process, please call the district's Student Assignment office (727) 588-6210.
Parent Academy Workshops: May 2014
The district has launched Parent Academy Workshops, a series of classes for parents and caregivers focused on promoting academic success, parenting and advocacy and, personal and individual growth.
Preparing Parents to Advocate for their Children and Community (P2ACC) Parent Academy Workshops are aimed at providing families with the tools they need to support students. To register or learn more, contact the Office of Strategic Partnerships at (727) 588-6405 or email@example.com, or visit www.pcsb.org/parentacademy.
The following Parent Academy workshops are being offered during the month of May:
- Building a Home Learning Environment, 6-7:30 p.m., Largo Public Library (Jenkins Room A), 120 3rd Street SE, Largo
- Bank of America: “Credit Repair and Understanding the importance of credit”, 5:45-7 p.m., Cross & Anvil Human Services, 1201 7th Avenue S., St. Petersburg. Refreshments will be served
- Transition to Middle School, 6-7 p.m., Palm Harbor Middle School, 1800 Tampa Rd, Palm Harbor
- Basics of Banking, Hands on Banking and Budgeting, 5:30-6:30 p.m., Neighborhood Home Solutions, Cross & Anvil Human Services, 1201 7th Ave. S. St. Petersburg. Refreshments will be served
- Building Family Strengths to Promote Child Development, 5:30-6:30 p.m., Boys & Girls Club – 111 W. Lime St., Tarpon Springs
- Building a Home Learning Environment, 5:30-7:00 p.m., Seminole Community Library (Program Room B), 9200 113th St. N., Seminole
- Transition to Kindergarten, 6-7 p.m., Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Neighborhood Family Center/Aquatic Center, 900 N. Martin Luther King Ave., Clearwater
- Transition to High School, 6-7 p.m., Countryside High School, 3000 State Road 580,, Clearwater
May 20, 2014
- “Protecting yourself financially – Identity theft,” 6-7 p.m., Neighborhood Home Solutions, Cross & Anvil, 1201 7th Ave. S. St. Petersburg. Refreshments to be served
May 22, 2014
- Transition to Middle School, 6-7 p.m., Bay Point Middle School, 2151 62nd Ave. S., St. Petersburg
To register for a workshop, please go to the Pinellas County Schools website: www.pcsb.org/parentacademy or contact Wendy Sedlacek at (727) 588-6000 extension 1846.
This initiative provides extended learning programs and digital learning opportunities for all Pinellas County Students. Many of these computer applications are currently being used in our classrooms across the district and now available 24/7 for all students. To access this website go to the Pinellas County Schools website at www.pcsb.org and click on the Beyond the Classroom icon. The expectation is that all students will know how to access these sites with the correct username and passwords from home. We will be adding applications to our site throughout the school year. Beyond the Classroom incorporates a number of efforts, including Connect for Success — A Title I Digital Enterprise, which provides economically disadvantaged students in 3rd and 4th grade at all Title I schools with equal access to technology that supports their learning outside of the classroom
Pinellas Virtual School
Pinellas Virtual School classes are taught by highly qualified, certified Pinellas County Schools teachers who are able to offer personalized, one-on-one instruction for all students.
Pinellas Virtual School teachers are up-to-date on the latest technology, and use a variety of digital tools to teach and communicate with students, from email to video lessons to our easy-to-use district’s learning management system. Students and families also receive personalized communication through phone calls, social outings and face-to-face meetings.
Pinellas Virtual School also has a full-time guidance counselor who assists families with eligibility questions and registration needs and helps students with course selections, among other services.
Pinellas Virtual School is led by administrator Mandy Perry, who has nearly 20 years of experience in education.
Click here to learn more about Pinellas Virtual School.
1200+ Academic Resources & Activities for all Families, Students & Teachers
Pinellas County Schools invites all parents, students & teachers to use InSync Education online, 24/7!
A New Year Brings New Features…
- Now available on Mobile Devices!
- My Home & Academic Spotlight resources!
- Subject areas include: Math, Social Studies, Science, Language Arts, & College and Career Readiness.
- TEXT and AUDIO available in English, Spanish & Haitian Creole
- Parents & Students…great for Homework Help & Test Prep
- Teachers…use in class or as homework assignments
To Get started….
1.Click on the logo from your district and/or school website. Or visit us at www.insyncedu.com/insync
2. Enteryour district code: PCSB and select START
3. Sign-in and begin!!
Do you want signup for online eKnightmail weekly updates ? Sign up here.
OGMS recycles plastic, aluminum, metal and batteries. Contact Mr. Wright for details. Also learn how OGMS can make money from Giving Makes Cents.
Looking for resources to help you study?
Go to: http://destiny.pinellas.k12.fl.us/
Find Oak Grove Middle School and use keyword "pinellas" to access the database.
The following link http://fcit.usf.edu/provides free audible, printable and downloadable resources for students, teachers and parents.